The Musée du Domaine royal de Marly invites the public to discover the intimate residence of Louis XIV. It immerses the visitor in the hushed atmosphere of this unique home where only a few elected officials had the privilege of being received.
The museum of the Royal Estate of Marly invites the public to discover the intimate residence of Louis XIV. It immerses the visitor in the hushed atmosphere of this unique residence where only a few chosen ones had the privilege of being received.
The museum of the Royal Estate of Marly tells the story of this castle with its atypical architecture, 12 pavilions framing a 13th... the king's of course!
The works reveal the history of this castle and its gardens, with regard to the remains visible in the park, of this "Palais des Eaux", fed by the Seine thanks to the 8th wonder of the world, the Marly machine.
Throughout the tour, you will discover the uses of Marly, the atmosphere of this residence and the entertainment offered to the courtiers. Finally, we will reveal the reasons for the disappearance of this residence, which makes the park of Marly a place of reverie.
To enrich your visit, the tour is marked out by various mediation devices that shed additional light on the objects presented.
At the heart of the tour, visitors are invited to enjoy a unique event: a virtual reality experience. "The Royal Eclipse" immerses visitors in an unusual event. They witness the solar eclipse of 3 May 1715 alongside the king himself. The visitor becomes a privileged guest: a guest at Marly.
From 01/04 to 31/10. Closed Monday and Tuesday. Closed exceptionally on May 1st and July 14th.
From 01/11 to 31/03. Closed Monday and Tuesday. Closed exceptionally on January 1st and December 25th.
- Full price: € 7
- Reduced price: € 5 (12-25 years old, Large families, Person with a disability and his companion, Job seekers, Beneficiaries of minimum social benefits, Members of the Le Vieux Marly association, Friends of Versailles, Subscribers of Versailles .)
- Free (Under 12, Museum curators and lecturers, Culture and ICOM Card holders, Journalists, Members of the Friends of the museum association.)
- Adult and child group rates: Adult groups: € 7 / person if a group of 7 to 12 people / € 5 / person if more than 12 (and up to 25) // Child groups: it is a flat rate depending on the chosen activity (guided tour: € 75 for the class, workshop visit: € 220)
- Adult group package: guided tour: € 130 / Sunday € 150 (to which the individual entrance fee must be added)
- Bulk ticket office: for works councils: tickets to the Domaine royal de Marly museum if grouped purchase ≤ 70 places: 6.00 / from 71 places: 5.50 €.