Built in 1895, the district has housed the staff and the cavalry regiment of the Republican Guard since that date. Its stables now house the 140 horses of the 1st squadron and the cavalry band.
You will begin your guided tour in the room of traditions dedicated to the history of the Republican Guard from 1802 to the present day and set up in an old stable.
You will be amazed by the magnificent Eiffel-type structure of the riding hall where the local riders train daily.
Your guide will explain the characteristics of the majestic horses in the Grande Écurie and the Écurie de l'Etat-major. An unusual guided tour in the heart of Paris, behind the scenes of the cavalry of the Republican Guard!
Average length of visit: 1h30
Opening and closing times
From 01/01 to 31/12, every Saturday and Sunday between 9.30 am and 6 pm.
Closed from 12:30 to 1:30 pm and at 5 pm on Friday
Individuals (in French only): 9:00 or 11:00.
Group visit 10.6€/adult - 8.6€/child (12-18 years old)
Disabled: 9.5€/person (PSH and accompanying persons, minimum 10pax, maximum 25pax)
Private visit 232€/group
Adult: 10.90 €
Child (17 years): 8.60 € ((8 à 18 years old)).
Group rate available for > 20 people.
- Minimum number of people : 20
- Sales TO/Distributors
- Additional information :
- • ID requested at the entrance
- • Do not approach horses less than 1 m
- • Photos allowed (no flash)
- • Videos prohibited
- • Guided tour Individuals : forbidden to children < 8 years old
- • Guided tour Groups : forbidden to groups with children < 12 years old
- • Be careful about allergies due to the presence of horses as well as the storage of fodder and cereals
- • The summer season is a moment of rest for horses, therefore there is a limited number of horses on the site in summer.
- Safety regulations are applied within the military site of the Republican Guard. Upon confirmation of your reservation, thank you to indicate for each participant the following information:
- • Name + first name
- • Date + place + country of birth
Departure point :
Garde Républicaine 18 bd Henri IV 75004 Paris.
Metro Bastille (line 1, 5 et 8)
Metro Sully Morland (line 7)