Press Kit "Do You Speak Touriste ?" 2017
The quality of the welcome, information and services reserved for visitors to tourist destinations remains a major challenge in terms of loyalty and reputation.
This is even more true in the face of the difficulties encountered by the tourism sector in 2016.
To improve the welcome of tourists, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris Paris and the Paris Region Tourist Board, the destination’s leading institutional tourist operator have implemented the "Do You Speak Touriste?" system” .
Three complementary tools comprise this system:
- The practical guide (in French) offers key information on the 18 principal nationalities visiting the Paris Île-de-France destination who represent 89% of visitors to the destination
- The website doyouspeaktouriste.fr (in French) which provides complementary information (dialogue in 9 languages, tax refunds, size and measurement equivalents…).
- The Yes I speak touriste! App is aimed at non-French speaking tourists. It allows professionals to be listed according to the foreign languages spoken and geo-localised.
18 nationalities presented in one guide.
Each sheet contains:
- key figures from the 2016 results of the permanent survey systems at airports, trains, motorway service areas and bus stations (repeaters/first-time visitors, average length of stay, satisfaction rate, average expenditure, top 3 activities ...),
- a few words to welcome visitors in their language, their lifestyles and travel customs, their expectations on several major themes including the pace of meals, gastronomy, shopping, management of waiting times, digital development, accessibility and transport, value for money, security and some specific features by nationalities.
Yes I Speak Touriste!: an innovative application
Yes I Speak Touriste! is an innovative and unparalleled app that enables tourists to find nearby shops according to the languages spoken (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian and Arabic) and categories of activity (restaurants, pharmacies, fashion, leisure, etc.).
Available on Android, Apple and the Internet, it allows tourism professionals who speak one or more foreign languages to increase their visibility at no cost and to attract a new international clientele.
Number of pages9
SourceParis Region Tourist Baord / Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris Region
Access the resource