Paris Region Tourist Board is very much in favour of accessibility and considers it is an opportunity to ensure high quality tourist services in the places tourists visit, the universal concept being that user-friendly facilities should be provided to all sectors of the public: families, young people, senior citizens, tourists with luggage, disabled people, etc.
It devotes its energy to this matter, pursuing its policy of ensuring high quality tourist services for people with specific needs by helping Paris-Region tourist professionals implement suitable offers.
To achieve this, it develops a certain number of systems and tools which ensure the visibility of the accessible offer and it actively promotes this regional process:
- A partnership with the website Accessible.net (available only in French) which lists establishments (with or without labels) which are accessible to disabled people
- Personalised support for tourist professionals who want to make their establishment accessible
- Practical instructions to help them make their site accessible
- Training sessions on accessibility initiated by the Paris Region Tourist Board
- The creation of accessible European products with the NECSTouR network which groups together destinations like Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, Venice, etc.
Let's adopt a positive attitude - accessibility improves the quality of tourist services and the brand image of Paris and its region, both in terms of the number of visitors and economic development.