Workshop France for Japanese tourism and media professionals in partnership with ATOUT FRANCE
- by ensuring that information on the events proposed by the destination are passed on by opinion leaders like the press, main tour operator decision-makers and Japanese travel agencies that schedule Paris Region;
- by offering our repeat visitors a constantly renewed, strong cultural offering (as shown in the BVA survey, 95.4% of the Japanese people visiting Paris come to discover the cultural offering and visit museums and monuments.
To achieve these objectives, the Paris Region Tourist Board chose to take part in the SAKIDORI campaign, ran by Atout France in Tokyo, by putting together a delegation of 12 professionals (offering a wide range of tourist offerings in our region), and communicating the message conveyed by the destination in 2013: Impressionism.
CITADINES SA, interMusées - PARIS MUSEUM PASS- LA VALLÉE VILLAGE - VERSAILLES TOURIST OFFICE - CHÂTEAU D'AUVERS- BATEAUX PARISIENS- GALERIES LAFAYETTE- HOTEL DU COLLECTIONNEUR- LIDO DE PARIS- LUCIEN BARRIÈRE GROUP
Strong points of the campaign:
- More than 80 journalists attended the press evening on 24 September, devoted to the theme of Impressionism, in the presence of the French ambassador.
- The evening was held in Happoen, a very attractive place, which has a Japanese garden that is particularly suited to the message that the Paris Region Tourist Board wanted to communicate. It also allowed all the members of the delegation to be brought together so that they received a good exposure with regards this target.
- During the dinner, as well as being shown the Impressionism Destination, our guests were able to discover 2 five-day tours in Paris Region which drew attention to all the members of the delegation.
- All the journalists were given a press pack in Japanese containing a great deal of information. The first articles were written just after this campaign. …
- During the workshop, our delegation had a special site right in the centre of the room.
- Canvassing meetings (groups of 3 professionals with an interpreter) were organised to provide agencies with more information on the offering . These meetings were targeted according to the requirements of each partner and a seminar training session on the destination was given at KUONI: almost 30 travel agents attended.
- Each Japanese professional who attended these different operations was given an interactive CD containing a Japanese version of the sales manual on the Impressionism Destination intended for professionals.
Various follow-up operations are planned in 2014
The first operation will involve inviting influential Japanese figures to come and discover the destination; videos will be made to encourage other Japanese people to come and discover the Paris Region destination
During their stay: the figures invited will share their experiences on their own social networks (blogs, Facebook and/or Twitter accounts).
From January 2014 onwards: videos made during the stay will be shown on youtube with a supporting online media purchasing campaign, with a link to the campaign page on Atout France Japan's website for the general public.
The goal is to achieve 5,000 to 8,000 viewings per video (15 videos for each figure)