Market Presentations – Paris Region Tourist Board – Atout France
The first presentation day was held on 16 October at the Paris Region Tourist Board. Three markets were examined: Spain, Italy and Great Britain.
Forty partner organisations (hotels, cultural sites, leisure groups, etc.) accepted our invitation.
Breakdown of the day's programme:
- presentation of the Spanish market: our destination's 5th largest customer base, with 403,000 hotel arrivals in Paris Region in the first half of 2014
- presentation of the Italian market: our destination's 4th largest customer base with 474,000 hotel arrivals in Paris Region in the first half of 2014
- presentation of the British market: our destination's largest customer base with 987,000 hotel arrivals in Paris Region in the first half of 2014
- overview of the national market (France)
- distribution overview
These presentations were made by:
- for the Spanish market: Dominique Maulin – Director of Atout France's offices in Spain and Portugal
- for the Italian market: Christian Kergal – Director of Atout France's offices in Italy and Greece
- for the British market – Gwenaëlle Maret-Delos, Director of Atout France's British office / Vanessa Renaud–Eliott, Head of Business Tourism and Sales Promotions
- presentation of the Paris Region market: key figures presented by Sandrine Chausson – Head of Surveys and Research Division at the Paris Region Tourist Board
- presentation of the 2015 market action plan by the team responsible for promotions at the Paris Region Tourist Board
Numerous questions were asked after each presentation, which demonstrated how interested the participants were in the information they had been given.
Aim in 2015:
To increase the number of presentations on other markets to meet our partners' requirements and expectations. A day focusing on the German and Swiss markets was also held at the beginning of February.