The Louvre also offers temporary exhibitions, an auditorium, public events, the Tuileries Garden and the Musée National Eugène-Delacroix.
Redevelopment of reception areas under the Pyramid :
- creation of new information points
- regrouping of counters and ticket offices (on the ground floor of the former bookstore)
- unique area for locker rooms, toilet facilities and luggage storage.
A redesigned signage, in order to give a clear vision of the spaces to be discovered and the most important works of the permanent collections.
The Pavillon de l'Horloge
In the heart of the museum, in renovated historic spaces, a journey retraces, using emblematic works and new mediation tools, the metamorphosis of the palace of the kings of France into a museum.
A free application in French and English accompanies the consultation of the devices.
- "My Visit to the Louvre" app available on the Apple App Store and Google Play (French, English, Italian, Spanish, German, Korean and Japanese in February 2013).
- Louvre Kids app available on the Apple App Store (French and English).
- Suitable for everyone.
- Pushchairs and baby carriers available free of charge.
- Café Mollien and a range of restaurants in the Carrousel du Louvre shopping centre.
- Tuileries Gardens are close by.
Facilities and services:
- Individual tickets available online: www.ticketlouvre.fr (Ticketweb, FNAC, Ticketnet, Paris Museum Pass)
- Other distribution channels :
Available at Information Tourism Points located in Paris aiports, Disneyland, Versailles and Galeries Lafayette
- Louvre-Nintendo audio-guide
- Group tours with or without a guide
- Membership (Ami du Louvre Youth, Professional, Friend of the Louvre and Family card)
- "Grande Galerie, le journal du Louvre" magazine
Events and activities:
- Cultural and educational activities: talks, architectural tours, workshops and educational sessions, tour of the rooms and more.
- A range of events and activities in the Tuileries Gardens Louvre
-Auditorium: concerts, lectures, talks, children's concerts
On site restaurant : Le café Grand Louvre. Housed in the prestigious glass pyramid designed by I.M. Pei, this 120 m² space filled with fresh bright colours and clean lines brings modernity to the Louvre.
Child auidioguide languages : German, English, Korean, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese
Adult multimedia guide languages : German, English, Korean, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, French Sign Language
Child multimedia guide languages :German, English, Korean, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese
Price reduction applied : €0.50 from 500 tickets
Right to speak cost : Flat fee
17 - 17€
Online booking required
Free on the first Saturday of the month in the evening.
Free: European Union residents under the age of 26.
Included in the Paris Museum Pass
Group booking required
Reservation deadline (in days) : 60 days
External guide accepted : Yes
Right to speak : Booking necessary for groups of 7 or more people (including guide)