Carbon emissions management. Initiatives from territories, private sector leadership and commitment
From 30 November to 11 December 2015, France will host and preside over the 21st Session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP21).
This Side Event aims to examine the global tourism sector’s contributions and responsibilities to the international climate and sustainable development agenda. The tourism sector is one of the most important contributors to climate change and at the same time is one of the most dependent on fossil fuel energy. Many tourism operators, destinations and institutions have developed and/or used carbon measurement tools and are making tangible commitments to lowering their carbon emissions.
The primary objective of the Side Event is to facilitate exchange between the representatives of the global tourism sector (e.g. accommodations, restaurants, destinations, tour operators and others) and to recommend actions for low carbon tourism development.
For security reasons, the agenda of the low carbon tourism COP side event had to be updated.
New program here
Side event « Tourism towards a Low Carbon Development » - Practical Information
How to get to Le Bourget:
- By the RER B suburban train from Paris-Nord station (Gare du Nord): take line B of the RER (towards Aéroport Charles-de-Gaulle 2 TGV or Mitry-Claye) and alight at Le Bourget. All trains will stop at Le Bourget station during COP21. Train every 6 min. Length of the trip: 10-15 min.
- Shuttles for all, in front of the railway station of Le Bourget, operate regular connections. Estimated standby time: 15-20 min. Length of the trip: 10-15 min.
- Arrival on the site : 5 minutes walk until the Green zone entrance
- Security control: estimated standby time in the Morning: 20-35 min.
- Morning session: Ile-de-France Region Stand on your right after the entrance (zone B). 3 minutes walk after the security control
- Afternoon session: Salle 4 from 4:45 PM at the conference center. 3 minutes walk on your left after the security control.
For any further question, do not hesitate to contact us.